The Tunisian champion of the past season, Etoile Sportive du Sahel, recently achieved a 1-0 victory over its guest, the Royal Moroccan Army, in the first leg of the second round of the preliminary round of the African Champions League, which was held at the Olympic Stadium in Sousse.
Jawharat Al Sahel Club scored the only goal of the match through defender Hamza Al-Jalasi in the 69th minute of the match, thus postponing the decision to the return match, which will be held in Morocco on the 30th of this month.
Return Match in Morocco
The victory was sweet, but the battle is far from over. The return match is scheduled to be held in Morocco on the 30th of this month. It’s a chance for the Royal Moroccan Army to redeem themselves and for Etoile Sportive du Sahel to cement their dominance.
- When is the return match between Etoile Sportive du Sahel and the Royal Moroccan Army?
The return match is scheduled to be held on the 30th of this month in Morocco.
- How significant is the African Champions League in African football?
The African Champions League is one of the most prestigious club football competitions in Africa, elevating the status of the winning club and its country’s football on the international stage.
- Who scored the winning goal for Etoile Sportive du Sahel in the match against the Royal Moroccan Army?
Defender Hamza Al-Jalasi scored the only goal of the match in the 69th minute.
- What is the ultimate goal for Etoile Sportive du Sahel in the African Champions League?
Etoile Sportive du Sahel aims to go all the way and lift the coveted African Champions League trophy.
- How did Etoile Sportive du Sahel perform in the Tunisian league last season?
Etoile Sportive du Sahel dominated the Tunisian league and emerged as the champions of the past season, earning them a place in the African Champions League.